I provide thoughtful and experienced advocacy on behalf of clients in federal and state tax planning and disputes nationwide. I focus on various state and federal tax matters, which includes:
- structuring business and real estate transactions, including buying, selling, leasing, and other transfers and dispositions;
- depreciation and cost segregation issues, including advice on the tangible property regulations and dispositions;
- partnership tax issues, including partnership agreements and allocations;
- accounting method changes, including Form 3115 presentation and strategy;
- research tax credit issues, including qualification and funded research analysis;
- self-directed IRAs and other plan issues, including qualification, prohibited transactions, and the unrelated business income tax;
- passive activity loss and at-risk issues, including self-rental and grouping rules; and
- tax procedural issues, including questions about tax attributes, timing, character, and penalties and interest.
I also handle disputes with the IRS and state tax authorities for both businesses and individuals. I have represented businesses ranging from entrepreneurs to multinational corporations, in industries such as high technology, manufacturing, oil and gas, and government contracting.
If you want to know more about my background, here are links to my work experience, education, and publications.